Thursday 8 November 2012

It’s all in my head it’s just how to get it out.



It seems to be all about tutorials this year and my last tutorial with Del and James Has started the ball rolling again. I have produced quite a bit of work so far this year and everything seems to be going well but I’m having real trouble with coherency. I have made Maquette’s produced drawings both sketches and technical which I have made into CAD files and then laser cut and water cut. So I feel that all is well but something isn’t working. Not only do I use a lot of stored data from my apprentership and working career but I have real trouble showing people the path from idea to finished piece.


One of the main reasons for this lack of coherency is my complete disorganisation. I need to collect my work together in one media that show my work in order and with clarity. So I hope to do this by editing the way I use my sketch books. I have been thinking about this a lot and I need to do this constructively. So I have come to the conclusions that I’m going to do away with my sketch book and just work on sheets of A3 paper of all sorts of type. Tracing paper, Graph paper, Carbon paper and cartridge paper.




I hope to use these different types of paper to allow me to add some coherency to my work along with high quality A3 print outs that use text and primary and secondary images. And place them in order, using some type of binding. I don’t have a problem with using different sketch books but I do seem to get carried away with ideas. I also need to find away to get my technical data across. I was thinking about creating stories about the piece I make like schematics or documentation that cover concept and theory. It’s all in my head it’s just how to get it out.





No comments:

Post a Comment