Sunday 21 April 2013

Fade


This post is a little late because I have been waiting to show John and Elaine the design ideas for the hanging light. We also discussed finishes, types of lighting and timescale/costs so I’m now ready to go ahead and start making. I went to their home today to show them the design drawings and they seemed really impressed and positive.

The brief was to create a hanging light that was unique and contemporary; in form, design and technology. They were very keen to have a piece that used forge elements but the same time had other elements like machined components and glass. They also wanted much more than just a light, they had spent quite a lot of time looking for something to fill the space that they have asked me to work with. So I have taken a traditional twist on the cart wheel type of hanging light and made it very sculptural. The piece will be made mostly of steel and have some forged and machined brass components. And the lights will be stripped LEDs or flexing LEDs that can be controlled with a remote. Combining each of these to create something that John and Elaine seem to have fallen in love with. All that’s left is to make the piece and I hope they will like it as much as the drawings.

I’ve produced a range of drawings using sketches, more technical drawing and CAD. I have put some of the images that I created below hope you guys like.

No comments:

Post a Comment