Monday 2 April 2012

Virtues

I have Virtues that others deem vices.
Virtues that guide me and together have made me.
I embrace pain, suffering and sacrifice and gain strength from obsession.
It is true they have given me scares that will never fade and for that I am grateful.
Because they show me what is within me and within my reach of me.
And through all of this I live each day with out compromise, with out regret and with out excuse.
So as I endure the misfortune that lies in my path I chase down my vision with out diversion or regret.
And in the pursuit of my passions neither timid nor afraid.
I am Relentless



I love this poem it is part of a ad campaign for the energy drink Relentless. I can’t find who actually wrote it but its something that has been close to my heart since I first saw it. Relentless uses of words and images provoke quite a lot emotion in the ad and it is nice to see a leave of intellectual and motivation imagery used in an advert. I am aware that this is intentional in order to sell produced but at the same time it is inspirational.

I have recently used this poem as part of my ICP module. It is a pieces that I find my self turning to quite a lot. I am a strong believer in words and the affect they can have on the mind and how they can drive a person on or completely destroy them. As part of the ad campaign they also used some very emotive pieces of poetry that where place on there drinks cans. One of the poets was Edgar Allan Poe an american poet from the 19th century. They used two lines from his poem the raven. After reading from the can I went on to buy a book of poems by Edgar.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering,
fearing,Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortals ever dared to dream before;

The Raven Edgar Allen Poe.

I don’t think relentless will make me amazing but this words might.

No comments:

Post a Comment