Friday 29 March 2013



Well for you guys things just get better, that’s a hat-trick three out of three. I’m not going to make a habit of posting every night but it’s been an interesting week. So I was woken this morning by a phone call from a local engineer called Paul Wargent who owns a company called Pioneer prototype engineering. I visited him a few weeks ago to ask for some advice and help; he gave me both help and advice and also offered me somewhat more. As a result today I worked for Paul making some components on one of his CNC Mills.



As I stood at the machines waiting for it to finish a run so I could change the tool, I was approached by one of the guys in the workshop. After a chat he offered me my first blacksmithing commission and to be honest I was a little overwhelmed but it’s made an already amazing day even better. I must’ve killed at least six hours in the workshop today and I hope I was some help to Paul and Andy (whom I might have distracted ever so slightly.) So at the end of the day Paul approached me and offered me some work for the rest of the Easter break with the potential of becoming a member of his team.



I approached Paul with the intention of learning more about machining processes so that I could effectively use them in my work as an artist. And as an added bonus he also said that I would be free to use these facilities within reason in my own work.


No comments:

Post a Comment